Why should I take on an undergraduate intern?
- They are intelligent, enthusiastic, keen and hard working.
- They can assist with management, administration and many other significant or routine tasks.
- They can help with short or long-term projects.
- Their language skills can help you to develop export markets .
- Projects for which no-one else has time can be perfect for placement undergraduates.
- They can research new business opportunities.
- They will add a youthful and international dimension to your business.
How can I use an intern for a longer term project or role?
Using our simple ‘Rolling Program’ we can supply interns to fill roles for as long as you require. Interns have traditionally been used for temporary work or projects because a placement is typically around 6 months in duration . However, a simple overlap system means they can be used for longer term projects. This is called our “Rolling Program”. We recruit a second student for you to take over from the first with an overlap. This overlap allows for the 1st intern to help train the 2nd, and so on, providing continuity for as long as you require.
Why are they looking for an internship with me?
- They usually need to carry out an internship in order to complete their course and obtain their qualifications.
- They want good quality, relevant training and business experience.
- They want to exercise and develop their language skills.
- They want to experience UK culture and business methods.
Is my company suitable?
Almost certainly YES.
Some undergraduates want to work in small local business, others in large international corporations. Some will prefer services, whilst others may like engineering, or manufacturing, and so on. There are so many undergraduates looking for internships that we are confident we can find ones interested in working for you – whatever your business. All you need to do is provide a reasonable environment, provide appropriate training, and ask them to carry out tasks that are suited to their course, intellect and experience (and that are legal and decent!).
Placement UK has clients from many business sectors including:
Advertising, Call centres, Charities, Design Technology, E-commerce, Financial services, Furniture, Glass manufacture, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Management services, Marketing, Public Relations, Telecommunications, Tourism, Training, Waste management, etc. etc.
Placement UK interns fill a wide variety of posts including:
Administrator, Charity Fundraiser, Clerical Officer, Commercial Administrator, Computer Network Support, Database Developer, Export Sales Assistant, HR Officer, Marketing Assistant, Office Manager, Personal Assistant, Public Relations Executive, Purchasing Assistant, Quality Systems Administrator, Research Assistant, Sales Advisor, Sales Administrator, Trainer, Transport Assistant, Website Designer, etc. etc.
These lists are growing constantly, so whatever your requirement, please contact us. We welcome all new opportunities.
Most manual jobs such as: bar work, farm work, shelf-stacking, driving, labouring, building, cleaning, bed making, call centre work, commission-only sales, modelling or promotional work, etc.
If you are looking for slaves or cheap sweatshop labour, sorry – we can’t help you!