Do I have to pay for the service?
No, our service is completely free for students; we make a charge to the hosting businesses if we make a successful placement.
We do however expect all candidates to abide by our rules, be respectful to us and our clients, and behave honestly, with integrity, and professionally at all times.
What is a placement agreement?
You may be required to provide us and the hosting business with a placement agreement (convention de stage, Praktikumsvereinbarung, accordo di tirocinio, acuerdo de prácticas) before starting your placement. A placement agreement defines your status as a trainee undertaking a placement as part of studies and states the job description and dates of the placement. It is signed by you, your university and the hosting business. Ask your placement officer for a form; most academic institutions have one. Contact us if they do not have a placement agreement form.
Sometimes it is sufficient for your university to provide a simple letter confirming your status as a student with them, and acknowledging the placement.
Can I apply?
All placements are open to any EU undergraduate (including UK), or graduate studying for a further degree, with a valid EU, EEA, UK or EFTA passport.
Your academic institution will need to approve the placement, either with a placement agreement, or simple confirmation letter.
How much do I get paid?
All placements have a reasonable training allowance. This is part of our Student Charter. The allowance varies, but typically the allowance is around £500 – £800 per month. This is intended to cover your accommodation and basic living expenses. NB. The remuneration packages are not negotiable under any circumstances!
Student grants may be available under schemes such as Erasmus; ask your placement officer for more details.
What about accommodation?
Some of the host businesses will help find accommodation, but mostly it is your responsibility. The internet is a helpful tool for this, and we have a list of accommodation web sites that we can send you, just email us and ask.
The sooner you sort out the accommodation, the better; you don’t want to spend the first week or two in an expensive hotel!
When will I know if I got the placement or not?
The processing time varies. Typically it takes around four weeks before you get the final answer.
I’m not receiving emails from you. What might be happening?
Make sure that our emails end up in your inbox and not in your bulk or junk folders by adding email@example.com to your email address book or trusted-sender list.
What is the application process?
- First you apply, attaching your CV and cover letter.
- We screen it against the requirements and decide your suitability.
- If you meet the criteria you will receive an invitation to call (or Skype) for a preliminary interview.
- This will usually take up to two days, often you receive the invitation the same day!
- You will also be informed if your application is unsuccessful.
- After the preliminary interview your application will be compared with others’ and a shortlist of the best candidates will have their details sent to the host business.
- Again, you will be notified about the progress.
- Shortlisting takes a couple of days, maybe a week.
- Now it is the hosting business’ turn to compare you with the other candidates on the shortlist.
- They will probably want to interview you and will invite you to call (or Skype) them for an interview.
- The final decision will be made after the interview and you will be informed about the results when the client is ready.
- In total the whole process typically takes 3-6 weeks.
Can I get more information on the placement provider?
Sorry, no. All the information we can give you is in the placement advert and should be enough for you to prepare yourself for the preliminary interview. The hosting business will give you their contact details and possible website address if you are invited to call for an interview with them. Please do not try to find out who they are, and certainly do not approach them directly – our clients have asked us to carry out a recruitment service for them – they will not welcome direct applications.
Warning! If you approach any client without our permission you will be permanently excluded from our service, and any other applications you have made with us will be cancelled.