Placement UK is focussed on identifying the best qualified and motivated undergraduates who apply specifically for the opportunities in your business. This is the process we follow to get the right person for you.
How does it work?
- You tell us what you want, by completing the Placement Description & Student Specification Form.
- We develop a bespoke new opportunity ‘advert’.
- The advert is promoted to students in the following ways:
- It is displayed on our website.
- It is circulated to universities and business schools throughout the EU & UK.
- It is placed on our Facebook page.
- Interested students apply on-line, submitting their CVs and cover letters.
- We screen applications against the criteria you gave us.
- We telephone or Skype interview candidates who meet your requirements. They are assessed and graded.
- Details of the best candidates are forwarded to you.
- Then its over to you.
- We recommend that you contact all candidates ASAP.
- Usually this means contacting them by email to arrange a telephone / Skype interview. (Candidates may apply for more than one offer so that the sooner you interview, the better your choice will be.)
Note: It is unusual to hold a face-to-face interview unless the candidate is already in the country, as travel costs etc. can make this prohibitive.
- You tell us when you want to make an offer.
- We will communicate that offer to the student (or you can do this yourself if you prefer)
- We help ensure a Placement Agreement is put in place between the 3 parties involved: you, the University, and the undergraduate. The placement agreement confirms that the placement is official, and that the student is a trainee in your business, and not an employee.
- You need to do your own checks as to the student’s eligibility (eg. passport, visas, etc)
- The successful candidate starts the placement on the due date.